NFL Fans Serbia
Vidite SKRAĆENU verziju foruma, da bi ste videli KOMPLETAN forum, molimo Vas registrujte se ili prijavite.

NFL Fans Serbia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Niste konektovani. Konektujte se i registrujte se

AFC East: Buffalo, Miami, New England, New York Jets

+34
SymphonyX
Zona do trona
Zver
Vlado997
black & silver
ledeno miran
Sirko
Murphy's ACL
penban
djsaki
darvel
kb8
Miki HOF
Raising Arizona
Cenci D
viking
Mauzeer
T-Wolf
sladjan26
np3np3
hare_car
vuchko93
zvaljo
Peyton Manning
King Julien
N.E.P.^Jeca
Colts4Life
Sirmium Samurai
Freak
iceman
Pohovani feniks
Ovan
Danijel Lg
dr.dule
38 posters

Idi na stranu : Prethodni  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Sledeći

Ići dole  Poruka [Strana 5 od 12]

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

The AFC East struggled mightily last year. Only the New England Patriots finished with a winning record. The New York Jets (8-Cool, Miami Dolphins (6-10) and Buffalo Bills (6-10) are all playing catch up this season.

The draft is the best way for the Jets, Dolphins and Bills to close the gap with the reigning AFC champs. It's also an opportunity for New England to get better, particularly on defense, in order to make another Super Bowl run.

Here are the highlights of the AFC East draft:

BEST MOVE

Polls: AFC East draft grades
The best move was actually a series of moves by the Patriots. It was clear New England needed defensive help. The Patriots' defense was ranked 31st overall, and it was an issue on the final drive of the Super Bowl.

New England drafted six straight defensive players. Defensive end Chandler Jones and linebacker Dont'a Hightower, both first-rounder, have a chance to make an immediate impact. New England moved up twice in the first round to pick Jones and Hightower.

"I felt like we got good value for them," coach Bill Belichick said. "[We] took Dont'a and Chandler, probably could have been in either order. But we felt like we would have a better chance to end up with both players if it went that way, not that we were sure we would get the second one, but we thought we might have a shot at it. Looking forward to working with both guys."

New England also took pass-rushing defensive end Jake Bequette in the third round. He could be a sleeper. The Patriots made one curious pick on defense in the second round that we will get to later.

The Patriots did a good job overall, but an individual move I really like is Miami's pick of former Stanford offensive tackle Jonathan Martin. I had the chance to watch Stanford several times, and I was really impressed. He moves well, has a good frame and is intelligent.

"He's used to playing with a very demanding quarterback with Andrew (Luck), and they trusted him to protect Andrew for three years," Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said of Martin. "We're very happy with the pick."

Martin has to move from left tackle to right tackle, because Pro Bowler Jake Long is on Miami's roster. But that's an easier transition to make than going from right to left tackle.

The Buffalo Bills also made some solid picks, particularly first-round corner Stephon Gilmore and second-round offensive tackle Cordy Glenn. Buffalo had a safe draft that should help the team immediately next season.

RISKIEST MOVE

The New York Jets entered the offseason with a lot of questions. Can they fix their locker room issues? Can they handle the Tim Tebow phenomenon?

Instead of going safe, the Jets continued to roll the dice by taking risky prospects with their top two picks: defensive end Quinton Coples and receiver Stephen Hill. Both are boom-or-bust prospects the Jets plan to rely on next season.

New York needs help rushing the passer and hope Coples can provide it. He has all the physical tools, but there are big questions about his motivation. The Jets also need a big-play receiver, and Hill could be that player. He has all the measurables but wasn’t productive at Georgia Tech, which ran a triple-option offense. Hill caught just 28 passes last season but averaged an astounding 29.3 yards per reception.

"I feel great. Especially now, I'm in more of an offense where I can catch the ball a little bit more," Hill said. "And you know, catching the ball from [quarterback] Mark Sanchez is great. I'm going to make sure I get with him as soon as possible and we both try to get this roll on."

Both players have the potential to start as soon as next season.

MOST SURPRISING MOVE

[+] Enlarge
Tavon WilsonChuck Rydlewski/Icon SMINew England surprised some by selecting Illinois defensive back Tavon Wilson in the second round.
Belichick has some explaining to do. The Patriots took a player in the second round who wasn’t invited to the NFL combine or any pre-draft all-star games.

Patriots second-round pick Tavon Wilson caught everyone completely by surprise. The defensive back wasn’t on anyone’s radar, especially in the second round. But New England liked him enough to take Wilson No. 48 overall.

"He played plenty. You can see him plenty at Illinois," Belichick said. "You can see him against whoever you want to see him against: All the Big Ten schools, Arizona State, teams that throw the ball. He’s playing corner, he’s playing safety, he’s playing the inside positions, the nickel position, the dime position."

Belichick is known to go off the radar in the draft at times. He continues to defend the Wilson pick.

"Similar situation with [Sebastian] Vollmer a couple of years ago. We drafted guys -- I think one year, didn't we draft like three of four guys that were non-combine guys?" Belichick said. "Some guys play in all-star games, some guys don't. I don't know who picks all those all-star teams. In all honesty, I don't know who picks the combine for that matter."

New England needs immediate help in the secondary. Wilson has experience in college at cornerback and safety and will get a chance to show what he can do in New England.

FILE IT AWAY

This is the perfect category for Miami first-round selection and rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill. You can probably file this pick away until 2013.

Tannehill will begin the season third on Miami's depth chart behind incumbent starter Matt Moore and free-agent signing David Garrard. The odds that the rookie will jump two veteran quarterbacks before Week 1 are long. But Tannehill isn't resigning himself to holding a clipboard.

"I'm a football player and I'm a competitor," Tannehill said Saturday. "I want to be on the field and I want to compete. But I also realize that I'm coming in and there's veteran quarterbacks on this team that I can learn from."

The race for the No. 2 quarterback in the AFC East behind Tom Brady is wide open. Tannehill has the potential to fill that void in two or three years. But the Dolphins have to do the right things to nurture the young quarterback, despite very high expectations.

Tannehill is the first quarterback taken in the first round by Miami since Hall of Famer Dan Marino in 1983.

"I didn't take him as the eighth pick in the draft to be a backup quarterback," Ireland said. "I picked him to be a starting quarterback in this league at some point, to have an impact on this football team, to help us win football games and championships. That's the expectation that I have going down the line."

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

da i ovdje prognoziram

1.NEP
2.NYJ
3.BUF
4.MIA

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

kb8

kb8

Eh, tu ide vako...

1. Jets
2. Pats
3. Bills
4. Dolphins

AFC East: Buffalo, Miami, New England, New York Jets - Page 5 Lakers10

If you want to run, run a mile.

If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon.

If you want to talk to God, run an ultra.

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

dakle ipak imaš povjerenaj u paroha

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

Miki HOF

Miki HOF

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

Very Happy

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

kb8

kb8

Cccccc...

Istina boli jelde Very Happy

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

ko zna moda i bude tako
jetsi opasni

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

Miki HOF

Miki HOF

tresu nam se gaće od paroha i viršle

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

pusti ti to kraju
nego ima li bafalo snage za nešto
pojačli se

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

The AFC East blog continues its series ranking the top players and coaches. On Sunday, we take a look at the top head coaches in the division.

No. 1: Bill Belichick, New England Patriots

Skinny: There is really no debate. Not only is Belichick the best coach in the AFC East, he's one of the best of all time. Belichick has three Super Bowl rings as a head coach. He's also been to two other Super Bowls, but came up just short against the New York Giants. His ability to game plan and also adapt on the fly is unmatched in the NFL.

No. 2: Rex Ryan, New York Jets

Skinny: Some are put off by Ryan's brash personality, but there is no denying he can coach. Few people know defense as well as Ryan, who grew up in a football family that focused on stopping offenses. Ryan's schemes have worked at every stop, including Baltimore and New York, and players love playing for Ryan. His first two years he led the Jets to back-to-back AFC title games. That is impressive.

No. 3: Chan Gailey, Buffalo Bills

Skinny: Despite his vast experience in the NFL and college, Gailey remains a bit of a mystery. He had two decent years in Dallas, but was abruptly fired. He got his second chance in Buffalo, but is just 10-22 his first two seasons with the Bills. A case can be made that Gailey hasn't had much to work with in Buffalo. That's fair. But the Bills have done a lot to improve the roster this offseason, and I think we will find out how good Gailey is as a head coach in 2012.

No. 4: Joe Philbin, Miami Dolphins

Skinny: Philbin is another mystery, because this is his first year as a head coach. But I've been impressed with his presence and organization so far. The job doesn't seem too big for the longtime assistant. But the key for Philbin is whether can he jump-start Miami's offense. Philbin is installing a new West Coast scheme, and much of his job in the first year will be graded on how well he manages that side of the football.

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

Is it too early to crown the New England Patriots the 2012 AFC East champion?

Coming off a Super Bowl appearance, the Patriots have so much depth, talent and a Hall of Fame coach and quarterback, that other AFC East teams should not be able to keep pace. It's been that way 10 of the past dozen seasons. Why should anything change this year, right?

Well, not so fast.

Offseason moves and coaching changes by the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and Miami Dolphins have made the AFC East much more competitive in 2012. Last year only one team -- New England -- had a winning record. This season at least three teams are capable of making the playoffs.

Each AFC East opponent presents a threat to New England that we didn't see the prior season. Here's why the Patriots should be concerned:

Buffalo Bills

The Bills had arguably the best offseason in the NFL. The $100 million signing of stud defensive end Mario Williams was a game-changer, and instantly presented something for the Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady to worry about. The additions of defensive end Mark Anderson, rookie cornerback Stephon Gilmore and left tackle Cordy Glenn all plugged holes. And re-signing No. 1 receiver Steve Johnson and starting tailback Fred Jackson were important moves.

Buffalo is well-stocked and has the talent to compete with the Patriots. The biggest question is experience. The Bills are trying to make the playoffs for the first time since 1999. Many players in their locker room have never made the postseason. The growing preseason hype only adds to the pressure.

At their best, the Bills can play with anyone. They proved it last season during their 5-2 start. Buffalo was the only AFC East team to split with the Patriots in 2011, which should get New England’s attention.

With a two-headed rushing attack, a versatile offensive line and a defense that could finish in the top 10, Buffalo has provided a lot of reasons for the Patriots and the rest of the AFC East to be concerned this season.

Patriots' concern meter: 7

New York Jets

The Jets imploded last season. But head coach Rex Ryan and his veteran roster have been New England's biggest rival in recent years. New York knows how to beat New England. The Jets have proved it over the past few years, including a huge win in the playoffs following the 2010 season.

New York's defense has slowed the Patriots’ high-powered offense in the past. The Jets were No. 5 in overall defense in 2011, and have high hopes for being the No. 1 defense this season. That would go a long way toward closing the gap with New England.

The Jets also must improve significantly on offense under first-year offensive coordinator Tony Sparano. New York had the 25th-ranked offense last season, and was inconsistent in nearly every phase. Starting quarterback Mark Sanchez must have a bounce-back year for the Jets to challenge New England. Backup quarterback Tim Tebow also could play a role as a dual-threat from the read-option offense. Tebow gave New England’s defense a lot of problems last year in its regular-season meeting with the Denver Broncos.

Overall, the Jets are the most experienced challengers to the Patriots’ crown in the AFC East. But it’s hard to tell if New York’s arrow is pointing up or down.

Patriots' concern meter: 6

Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins are making a lot of changes for 2012. Although most of it is for the better, there should be some growing pains in Miami.

It all starts with a new coaching staff, led by rookie head coach Joe Philbin. The offensive-minded Philbin is installing a new West Coast offense in Miami that relies on timing and precision passing. The problem is, Miami is trying to do it with quarterbacks who all have questions and a questionable group of receivers.

Quarterbacks David Garrard, Matt Moore and rookie Ryan Tannehill all have their issues. Garrard has been out of football since 2010, and is coming off back surgery. Moore played well last season, but doesn’t appear to be a natural fit for the West Coast offense. Tannehill has the physical tools, but has limited starting experience and needs time to get up to speed with the NFL game. One of these quarterbacks will be throwing to a limited group of receivers, potentially led by 34-year-old Chad Ochocinco, who produced little last season in New England.

Miami's defense is switching to a 4-3, but should be solid under first-year defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle. The Dolphins’ defense is stout up front against the run, and needs to focus on improving its pass defense, especially against New England.

The Dolphins aren't a legitimate threat to the Patriots now. But if Tannehill eventually develops into a franchise quarterback, and the offense eventually comes together over the next 2-3 years, Miami could be a team to keep an eye on in the division.

Patriots' concern meter: 4

Overall, the AFC East is New England's to lose. Barring significant injuries, the Patriots should walk away with this division for the 11th time in the Brady-Belichick era. But if New England loses focus, the upstart Bills and veteran Jets might be good enough to give the Patriots a few headaches.

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

Buffalo Bills

Cap room remaining: $7.38 million

Analysis: The Bills entered the offseason with tons of cap room and promised they would use it. To the surprise of many, they certainly did by going out to get prized free agent and stud defensive end Mario Williams. The price tag was a hearty $100 million, which was a price tag other teams couldn’t or wasn’t willing to pay. Buffalo also signed former Patriots defensive end Mark Anderson and took care of its own players by giving receiver Steve Johnson and running back Fred Jackson contract extensions. Add in a solid draft -- headlined by cornerback Stephon Gilmore and left tackle Cordy Glenn -- and the Bills had one of the best offseasons in the NFL. The Bills still have about $7 million left on the cap, which is a good number. It allows them the flexibility to make a quality signing if needed. For example, if things don’t work out at wide receiver this summer, Buffalo can still go out and get a veteran like Braylon Edwards.

Miami Dolphins

Cap room remaining: $4.46 million

Analysis: The Dolphins had an interesting offseason. They have a lot of “dead money” on the cap thanks to bad investments and bonuses paid to unproductive players or players who are no longer on the team. So Miami didn’t do much to sign outside free agents and had to get rid of some high salaries like Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall and safety and leading tackle Yeremiah Bell. They were replaced by low-budget options like receiver Chad Ochocinco, who signed for the league minimum. Now, the Dolphins are in a decent place. More than $4 million isn’t bad. But I don’t expect Miami to make anymore signings unless there’s a huge injury and the team absolutely has to.

New England Patriots

Cap room remaining: $10.9 million

Analysis: The Patriots did a stellar job this offseason of plugging holes and remaining well under the cap. They signed speedy receiver Brandon Lloyd at an affordable rate to add a much-needed deep threat. The Patriots also added a bevy of pass-rushers and offensive linemen for depth purposes, as well as worked out an extension with Pro Bowl tight end Rob Gronkowski, all while still having nearly $11 million under the cap. New England has good depth all around and probably won’t need to use the cap. The only issue now is whether this space will be used to hand out extensions to receiver Wes Welker and/or tight end Aaron Hernandez. The Patriots have the ability to do so if they choose.

New York Jets

Cap room remaining: $6.04 million

Analysis: The Jets did a lot of restructuring to get to this stage. New York pushed back money with several key veterans, in addition to working out an extension with starting quarterback Mark Sanchez, which provided immediate cap relief. The Jets didn’t do much in free agency. They signed risky injury risks, such as safety LaRon Landry and receiver Chaz Schilens, because they are talented but affordable players. Other than that, New York relied on the draft to improve its roster. The elephant in the room is that Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis wants a bigger contract. The Jets have held firm that they won’t do it this year and Revis is undecided about a holdout. If the Jets are forced to re-up, they may have to weaken the team and release a quality playe

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

dr.dule

dr.dule
Administrator
Administrator

najbolji tim i jos imamo najvise para

Report: Pats, Welker talks are 'non-existent'

Ahead of Monday's deadline for franchise players to sign multi-year contracts, CSN New England reports that it would be an "upset" for Wes Welker and the Patriots to finalize a deal.
"Talks remain stagnant and by stagnant I mean non-existent," CSNNE's Tom Curran said. Although the sides were reported to be $6 million apart in guaranteed money, this report qualifies as a bit of a surprise. CBSSports' Jason La Canfora previously characterized Welker's chance for a new contract as "50/50" even if there was still a "pretty significant gap in terms of guaranteed money to bridge." If Welker doesn't land a new deal by 4:00 p.m. ET Monday, he will be a free agent again in 2013.

2023 Patriots: there’s no team they can’t lose

AFC East: Buffalo, Miami, New England, New York Jets - Page 5 Patriots---eliot-wolf-jerod-mayo

“You either execute and win, or you don’t. That’s where we are at.”

dr.dule

dr.dule
Administrator
Administrator

kako ova dva momka deluju zastrasujuce. definitivno vidim tandem decenije pitbulova.

AFC East: Buffalo, Miami, New England, New York Jets - Page 5 300patsends-thumb-300x415-77551

AFC East: Buffalo, Miami, New England, New York Jets - Page 5 Patriots---eliot-wolf-jerod-mayo

Miki HOF

Miki HOF

na ovoj slici 70+ sackova 2012-13

kb8

kb8

Ih, malo si i reko...

Pa to su Patsi... Sve ispod stoje je podbacaj...

dr.dule

dr.dule
Administrator
Administrator

ukupno je predvidjeno 150 koliko se secam. brat Dane odmah prognozirao samo steta ostadosmo bez mister Kartera, onog mladjeg.

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

nisi ti Dule jedini kandidat za odmor izgleda

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

dr.dule

dr.dule
Administrator
Administrator

Greg A. Bedard provides a status report on the Patriots' defensive position groups heading into the start of training camp on July 26.

Position: Defensive line
Current number of players: 17.
Four-year average at cut to 53 players: 7.5.
Last season at 53: 10 (five tackles, five ends).

This is a position that you have to look solely at last year’s number. That’s when the Patriots went to a 4-3 alignment, and they look to be doing the same this year.

Locks
Tackle: Vince Wilfork, Jonathan Fanene
End: Rob Ninkovich, Trevor Scott, Chandler Jones, Jake Bequette

Near locks
Tackle: Brandon Deaderick, Kyle Love
End: None
Note: Both Deaderick and Love have to come to play because if they slip, they’ll find themselves quickly on the bubble. Deaderick is the more talented of the two and has a higher ceiling, but he’s more inconsistent. Love has really improved, but he’s not going to get much better than he is at this point.

Battling
Tackle: Myron Pryor, Justin Francis, Gerard Warren, Ron Brace
End: Jermaine Cunningham
Note: Pryor, provided he comes back to health (shoulder) from where he was last year at this time, should make this team and make an impact. Francis has been one of the standouts as an undrafted free agent and brings tackle/end versatility. If he keeps it up, he may make this team. Brace and Cunningham are on their final runs. The Patriots need Cunningham more. Don’t be surprised if the Patriots pull the same thing again with Warren this season and release him and bring him back later. He earned a spot with his play in training camp in 2011 but was released. I have the feeling both he and the team realize he can only last half a season at 33 years old and have an agreement.

Long shots
Tackle: Marcus Harrison, Marcus Fortson
End: Alex Silvestro, Aaron Lavarias
Note: Don’t see any of them having much of a shot.

53-man prediction
Tackle (6): Vince Wilfork, Jonathan Fanene, Brandon Deaderick, Kyle Love, Myron Pryor, Justin Francis
End (4): Rob Ninkovich, Trevor Scott, Chandler Jones, Jake Bequette
Cut (6): Gerard Warren, Ron Brace, Marcus Harrison, Marcus Fortson, Alex Silvestro, Aaron Lavarias
Trade (1): Jermaine Cunningham

Parting thought: An x-factor in all of this is the possible (and we think probable) return of end Andre Carter. That left us with four ends. If that happens, then Love or Pryor could go. It will depend on their play. Of course, Francis could come back down to earth when the pads go on.

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

ovdje kao latenti patriota predviđam

1.NEP
2.Bafalo
3.NYJ
4.Majami

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

penban

penban

Slazem se

2014 SERBIA FANS KEEPERS LEAGUE CHAMPION
2019 NFLFS VETERANI CHAMPION

kb8

kb8

Ovo necu komentirat...

Danijel Lg

Danijel Lg
Administrator
Administrator

zašto kabe

STANE VAS SVE PRATI

kb8

kb8

Pa Patsi su uvjerljivo najjaci ovdje a ne volim ih nikako pa ne smijem potvrdit tu cinjenicu da ce satrat diviziju Very Happy

Sponsored content

Nazad na vrh  Poruka [Strana 5 od 12]

Idi na stranu : Prethodni  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Sledeći

Dozvole ovog foruma:
Ne možete odgovarati na teme u ovom forumu