Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning had no interest in discussing his placement on the Week 2 injury report Tuesday, so he called an audible at the line and turned the turned the tables on the poor reporters.
The always comical Manning gave what we believe to be is the first ever media injury report. And it was a long one, according to Pro Football Talk.
Here is Manning’s run down on a few local reporters:
– Mike Klis, KUSA Denver: “The carpal tunnel from all the texting of his sources.”
– Darren McKee, 104.3 FM: “The laryngitis from ripping me all week. The rash that he has that’s unidentified. The fact that he’s still here every day to overcome that, I think it’s admirable.”
– Woody Paige, Denver Post: “Woody, in my opinion, is probably the healthiest of all of you, and this is not a healthy group by any means. But Woody is healthy.”
– Lindsay Jones, USA Today: “The bunions from all the travel to the West Coast.”
– Mark Kiszla, Denver Post: “Kislza’s got gout for sure. I know he’s got gout, but he never complains about it.”
Leave it to Manning and his comedic personality to use humor in deflecting questions about his own well-being. He’ll be deflecting much more difficult questions should he play another poor game and the Broncos lose to the Kansas City Chiefs Thursday night.
By the way, Manning was listed on Denver’s injury report with a back issue. He was a full participant for the Broncos’ Tuesday practice. Barring something unforeseen, Manning and his one-man comedy show will be under center for the Broncos in roughly 48 hours.